Saturday, March 01, 2008

CBP WANTS MY PICTURE

“If you can’t give information
So I can clear you
Maybe you should change
Your name”
“Change my name?”
“Aha”
“I like my name”
“It’s a popular name that’s why
You should change it”
“I like being popular”

But the agent with
The Cuban accent
Wanted to finger print me

“What happens If I refuse?”
I asked
“If you refuse fingerprinting?”
“Yes”
“Then you will be place into
Custody and we will use
Forced fingerprinting”

I didn’t feel like
Being shot
So early in the morning
So I walked with him

“We are also going
To take your picture”
“Do you also want my autograph?”
He did not reply
“Take off your glasses”
I took off my glasses
“Did you use to have a beard?”
“Yes”
“How long?”
“Not as long a Fidel Castro”
“But it was this long”
I made gesture with my hands
To show them how long
My beard used to be
Then he took the picture

No comments: