Sunday, February 24, 2008

BORDER TOLLGATES


Young & beautiful
2 in a row
Girls with pistols
What’s next?
Bikini girls & machine guns?

How things can change
So fast like
The blinking
Of a dying fish eye

Migra Airey appeared next to me
At the infamous Migra Motel
Uttering like a broken record

“You went to far”
“What?”
“You went to far”
“I don’t think so, this is only San Ysidro”
“You went to far”
“What do you mean?”
“You went to far”
“Can’t you say something else?”
“What’s your problem?”
“My problem?”
“Yes, what’s your problem?”
“I have a problem?”
“You don’t remember?”
“Remember?”
“You don’t remember”
“Remember what?”
“You can go now”
“See you soon”

Agent Airey walked away
And he looked like a butterfly
And I drove towards their back-gate
Feeling like a backdoor man
And I did not see the guy
With the reloading supplies
And someone else took my
Hunter-orange slip
Somebody else wished me a farewell

No comments: