Monday, January 19, 2004

WANTING TO WATCH TV


Today was the first time (since I returned to Mexico from a 15 year hiatus) I sat down, well laid down, to watch TV. Looking and wanting something to divert my mind from the seriousness of the day by using this electric device that produces visions. So I laid down on a borrowed bed, turned on the Japanese TV set, and stared at the myriad of images that danced electronically.

In better times I used to shot at televisions deep in the woods of the Northwest. Let me explain, I befriended a group of futuristic hunters that would shot at a screen if it showed big game in it. Now I am here, channel surfing this Mexican cable puzzle.

I decided to try it again, because a local celebrity wrote a comment on one of my poems. It reads something like this: “Television also has good things?” This comment changed my outlook on the controversial device. I tried; the good Lord knows that I did my best to get reacquainted with the tele. It did not worked out. It wouldn’t be that bad if it wasn’t for all the commercials. Those things are macabre.

No comments: