Monday, January 19, 2004

THE NIGHT I IGNORED DEATH


I heard the horses around me. One of the horsemen would ask in a loud voice

“What’s your name?”

But I would keep my eyes closed. I did not want to deal with the question. I was laying on the middle of the street and my motorcycle was destroyed. My legs felt like they were broken and I was somewhat cold. The night was illuminated by the lights on the rescue vehicles.

“What’s your name?” The strong voice barked again.

I decided to keep my eyes shout because I knew there shouldn’t be any horses around me, just the fire engine and the ambulance, and a few cops. The guys with the horses were definitely out place, and I definitely didn’t want to see them, their leader was insistent and kind of rude. I did not feel like talking to them. I felt like ignoring them. My best bet was to keep my eyes close till I was in the ambulance. And that’s precisely what I did.

“What happened to the guys on horses” I asked the paramedic that was sitting beside me in the ambulance.

“There were no horses” he said as he was fastening the belt on the stretcher.

“You didn’t see the horses around me?”

“No, there were no horses; I was with you all the time. I saw no horses. Try to relax we’ll be in the hospital in no time”

No comments: