Friday, December 26, 2003

THE DOCTOR LOOKED AT MY PREVIOUS WOUND AND ASKED

“What happened to your leg?”

“I was ran over by a bus” I answered

“Did the bus hit you leg?”

“Not exactly, I was inside the bus -the doctor’s face turned into a question mark- the back tires of the bus were the ones that ran over my leg”

“But how did it happen? You said you were inside the bus?

“That’s correct. I was pushed out from the back door of the bus”

“You were pushed?”

“Yes”

“By whom”

“A friend”

“A friend pushed you?”

“Yes, I rather remember it as playful push”

“Good heavens! Where’s you friend now?”

“He committed suicide”

“What?”

“He killed himself. I understand his wife left him, he got depressed, grabbed a revolver put the gun in his mouth an pulled the trigger”

“You should write a book”

I decided to stop the conversation. I looked at her belly and I could tell she was pregnant.

No comments: