Tuesday, August 25, 2009

THIS FALL


This morning I woke up
With fast words coming out of the radio
About half the population being infected
On this fall

In the fall of fools
In the fall of the prideful
In the fall of this year

The fall is a harvest
The fall is gravity
The fall is only natural
The fall is conceptual

The fall of men
The fall of women
The fall in the garden of wantonness
The fall of the snake

The fall where dogs & cats laugh

I got up and looked at the water
I made coffee
And changed the radio station
I looked at the water again
And remembered the tourist impresario saying
Father ocean & mother earth

I walked to my car and noticed
It was dusty again
And I drove on the dirt roads
Looked at horses eating from garbage cans
Looked at pretty girls driving nice cars
Looking confused and out of place
Looked at things I should have not looked at
I looked at everything and realized
I had looked at nothing

I arrived at the house
Said hello to the landlord and his wife
Got the key from them
And walked towards my friends
They liked the house
I liked the house
They liked the plants
I liked the plants
They liked me & I liked them

They left & I went back to the landlords
I read them one of my poems
The husband fell asleep and
His wife said to me
It sounds like you are in love

No comments: