Tuesday, August 11, 2009

PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD


The inspector smiled
Like people do
At birthday parties
Like old people do
At celebrations

You are going shopping he said
My son & I looked at him and smiled

Is he your son?
He asked
He is my son
I answered

The inspector seemed happy
My son seemed happy
I was happy for both of them

But something was not right
Because a Grand Cherokee
Was lifting dust
Was an accident
Was treacherous
Was everything that could go wrong

And my friend’s father
Was on the ground hand-cupped
With a gun to his hand
Being robbed

And a WWII survivor
Told us about world domination
Microchips & immunizations
Laughter & declarations

People all over the world
Are a mixture of smiles & tears
Heart attacks & conceptions
People all over the world
Spinning like DJ’s
Turning the
North & South Poles

No comments: