Saturday, July 05, 2008

DATA

She looks like
A nurse from the state
Women of profound
Spiritual beauty
That know how
To inflict pain
And gain health

I remember my first nurse
I was 8 year old then
And I was in love with her
She would watch over me
She would sit next to my bed
And read a book

I would lay on
My hospital bed
And stare at the ceiling
Once in awhile
I would turn my head
To see her

She was a 70’s nurse
She used to wear her blouse
With the top 3
Buttons unbuttoned
And I could see
The profile of her breast
So close to me

But when she would
Follow doctor’s orders
I would discover
New dimensions of pain

This was necessary
So I could walk again

Poor Octavio
I know why
He was misunderstood

Sometimes
The taste of medicine
Makes you act suspicious
Makes those around you
Have suspicious minds

She took poetry
To another dimension
I also felt like
Being evasive

For a moment
I was seduced
With images & metaphors
Similar to the
Best words
I heard in my life

No comments: