Monday, June 09, 2008

POLICÍA


A new world policeman
With a motorcycle
Of uncertainty

No need
For a gunfight

Dialogue becomes
The medium
Of war

Leopoldo
Don’t follow
The money

It will lead you
To madness!

Leopoldo
Even though it took
Some effort
To persuade you

Leopoldo
You did walk
Though the path
Of understanding

Leopoldo
Believe me
When I say
It is best for
Both of us
It is best
For everybody

Leopoldo
There’s no need
To mention cash
Because I think
We are above it

Leopoldo
I understand your concerns
From the northern borders
To the southern limits
In español

Leopoldo
You fresh-blood
You impressionable spirit
You vessel of potential
You police-something

Leopoldo
Pistolero of
The people and
For the people

Leopoldo
Don’t forget
The microphone

Leopoldo
Blessed are those
Who believe
Without seeing

Leopoldo
Believe me
When I say
Things will
Forever change

No comments: