Friday, May 30, 2008

BLANCA


When I was on 8th grade
I decided to translate
The lyrics from
Foreigner’s
Hot Blooded song
Into Spanish

Class was boring
I think this
Is the first document
That I ever translated

I could only remembered
The chorus
So that’s what
I wrote down
On my school notebook
With my red pen

I identified
With the singer
When he would
Make reference
To having a fever
Of 103

Because I used
To get constant fevers

I think I translated
That part like this

“ I have a fever
Of 100 degrees”

It seems like
It was yesterday

Blanca
The prettiest
Girl in class
Who was sitting
Next to me
Asked to see
What I was writing

To this day
I don’t know
What she
Thought of it
Because she
Just looked
At me
And smiled

She was
So beautiful
And I knew
Her beautiful face
Her beautiful smile
Her beautiful presence
Was a gesture
Of approval

Later on
I wrote poems
For her
Which were
Lost forever

I also wrote
A song for her

I lost the piece
Of paper
That it was
Written on

But I know it
By heart

No comments: