Tuesday, April 08, 2008

MIGRA ATIENZA


“Why do you keep looking at me for?”
“At you?”
“At my name”
“Your name?”
“Yes, you see… right here”
-he pointed at his US flag pin on his shirt-
“I am a US citizen”
“Good for you… I guess”
“Do you have a problem?”
“Why are you mad?”
“I am not mad”
“Angry then?”
“What?”
“Nothing”
“Have you ever had issues with us?”
“Issues?”
“Yes”
“No”

Atienza
Migra Watson told me yesterday
That your job is like customer service
I don’t what he was talking about but
It somehow sounds about right
So Atienza
Please Atienda
The Citizens of the World

Atienza
As you were yelling at me
I saw Migra Black
The one obsessed with the
State Department
Grinning at you
From his booth
The irony is that he
Has a cool name
But he’s white & looks like
A Ku Klux Clan

Atienza
Don’t threaten me with
The CHP
Those black & white saints
They no compare to you
If they see an alien
On the freeway
They’ll give him a hand
I you were to see
A flying saucer
You probably would
Want to shoot it down

Atienza
What I am going to do with you
A middle age migra
That gets uptight and nervous
While on the line

No comments: