Tuesday, March 25, 2008

CBP RIVERA



“Ha ha ha ha ha ha….”
“You should be a stand up comedian Rivera”
“What do you mean?”
“You know, David Letterman”
“Oh… come on man!”
“Hey! wait a minute Rivera is a good guy”
Said an unknown Migra in his defense
“Yes indeed, a very funny guy, with that laughter and unforgettable smile
He be better working Las Vegas
Or the House of the Rising Sun”
“Go stand behind the table”
“Okay Paulo”
But Paulo face looked longer than usual and his voice had a slight tone of sadness.
The metal table makes for a good bench
And just thinking about all the goods that
Are placed on that surface I can’t help and wonder how
It would make a great Mexican banco
Or a school bench… nahhh
A work desk
And when I tried to write something
“Are you writing your thoughts?”
“It just homework Navarro”
“Oh”
“Navarro?”
“What?”
“Do you like working here?”
“What do you mean?”
“Do you like it here?”
“It’s okay…. I guess…”
“Juan Martínez!….”
A voice yelled from the Migra offices.
I looked towards my car and I saw Rivera
He had my passport on 1 hand and the
Infamous orange slip in his other hand
“You can go Sir”
“Thank you”
“You are welcome Sir”

No comments: