Sunday, February 05, 2006


MY FRIEND THE POET

He told me poets take
Their lovers
To hotel rooms
And read poetry
Through the night
In a soft gentle voice
Whispering to them
Laying in bed
With the moonlight
Entering through their window
Listening to
The sound
Of the ocean
That music
So I followed his advice
But instead of
Reading I wrote to her:

HOW CAN I SAY IT?

How can I tell you
That you matter more
Than the stars
And the sky
That the winds
Of a hurricane
Can not
Erase your splendor
The 4 elements
Have no meaning
Without you
How can I tell you
That without you
I’ll be lost
On the oceans
Of uncertainty
I’ll be a satellite adrift
How can I say
That the full moon
Melts into folly
If you don’t touch me
I’ll become
A stray bullet
In the sadness of the night
What words can I use
To make you
Fall in love with me again
What bitter feelings
Will I have to drink
From a cup of seclusion
I will softly
Touch the doors
Of your heart
Quietly kiss them
So they open
Like a flower
That blooms
In winter.

Then she wrote to me:

SPEECHLESS

My heart sings
For the melody
Of your kiss
The warmth
Of your eyes
Is what I need
My hand is the comb
For you hair
Your neck
Seduces my thoughts
I am unable
To speak.

No comments: